Cleanings and Exams in Cary, NC
Cleanings & Exams
Tartar, tooth decay, and other issues can easily develop and go unnoticed, even if you brush and floss daily.
Regular cleanings and exams can eliminate tartar and allow your dentist to catch issues in the earliest stages, when they are most treatable.
Biannual exams provide much more than just clean teeth.
Checkups benefit whole-body health.
Bacteria in plaque and tartar can cause gum disease, which has been linked to heart disease and other conditions. Routine exams can protect your periodontal and overall health. Many exams also include an oral cancer screening.
You can improve your at-home care.
Your dental team can pinpoint room for improvement in your daily oral hygiene routine based on the state of your smile. They can coach you in choosing more effective products and using them in the most beneficial ways.
What will it cost?
- The good news is that regardless of whether you are insured, comprehensive dental exams carry a highly affordable price tag compared to what you can expect to pay for the treatment you will likely need if you neglect to undergo regular checkups. The average out-of-pocket expense for a cleaning and full exam is $198. Meanwhile, gum disease treatments such as scaling and root planing can exceed $1,000, a root canal can cost $700 to $900, and replacing a single tooth with an implant and crown can cost $3,000 for the implant alone.
What Happens during an Exam?
- Your dentist will perform a visual exam using an intraoral camera to assess the state of your teeth and gums.
- X-rays will allow your dentist to further examine your teeth, dental roots, and jawbone for any signs of decay, fractures, or infection.
- Your dentist may conduct an oral cancer screening by visually examining the soft tissues of your mouth or using a special tool to detect abnormalities.
- A dental hygienist will carefully remove any plaque and tartar.
- Your teeth will be polished using a gritty paste and a special rotary tool.
- Your dentist and hygienist can provide any necessary suggestions for more efficient brushing and flossing.
- Bone Graft
- Bruxism Treatment
- Cleanings and Exams
- Crown Lengthening
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Fillings
- Dental Implants
- Dental Sealants
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Gum Contouring
- Gum Disease Treatment
- Implant Restoration
- Inlays and Onlays
- Invisalign vs. Braces
- Oral Appliance Therapy
- Porcelain Veneers
- Root Canal
- Six Month Smiles
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth in a Day
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ Treatment
- Tooth Extraction
- Types of Gum Surgery